Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Ambulance coming... Act Responsibly

I had been to Chennai last week end. I was goin with my friend in his bike in the Mount road. We were near Saidapet on the Mount road. The road was filled with vehicles and suddenly sound of an ambulance aproaching, attracted everyones attention. It was an Ambulance from Hindu Mission Hospital.
My friend moved the bike to the right extreme of the road. So did the other 2 wheelers. To my surprise, everyone gave the way. A guy in Honda City car was in the left end of the road. Without thinking anything, he went in to one of the cut roads to give the way for ambulance. A Tata sumo tried to climb its two wheels on the platform. The ambulance went passed us without trouble. Then the traffic police guy at the next signal stopped vehicles in other directions to allow this ambulance.
I was impressed to see how people were so responsible for the Ambulance. They gave way at any cost. Asked abt this, My friend told that this scene happens many a times in mount road. Hats off to everyone who give way for Ambulance and respect the people in utter emergency.

1 comment:

H.Thirukkumaran said...

That's social responsibility. I liked it and its nice you brought it at right time.